This very minute I am listening to Britney Spears' "My Only Wish This Year", with a heavy Halloween hangover.
The last 48 hours were packed with something to do or a place to be, and I am exhausted. Happy it's over. Ready for a mild Thanksgiving, and a cozy Christmas spent at home.
But before I put up the Christmas tree, I thought it would be appropriate to add the Halloween of 2009 to the memory keeper.
- the hunt for skeleton costumes, all eventually found. I got Max's for $8!
- the school Falloween Ball where we prepaid for bbq chicken pizza, but ended up with an assortment of pepperoni and cheese. and I had to "pretend" that I was working in the pizza booth just to make sure we ate that night.
- the early Halloween festivities on Friday, which included 2 extra children, 2 class parties, and my "I'm A Fun Mom" Halloween Party for the boys. Note to self; no more parties ever again cause you are not a "fun mom" like that.
- that boys are loud and crazy and destructive and like to ruin things and hurt each other.
- Jazi's baptism on Halloween, and the hour and a half we spent at rest on the Romine's couch in good company. Thanks, we soooo needed that.
Next year, I say less parties, candy, and chaos. More donuts, family, and friends.
- gorgeous Halloween weather, a fun friend Halloween party with yummy soup, followed by the last minute neighborhood trunk-or-treat event planned by Katie, who ended up at home with sick kids. Poor Katie.
- Aaron and Grant taking the kids around the neighborhood because even when you trunk-or-treat, the kids still want to trick-or-treat.
- splitting a Kohler's cake donut with Kelly and talking about their "cool friends" party, and babies, and Thanksgiving plans.